Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Another Color of Satisfaction


Some time last year (or was it 2 years ago?), I found a dark-skinned 12-inch Original Action Figure Body. I got it from Divisoria unboxed. It was missing the additional neck pegs and the closed fist hands. I had no doll head that match the skin tone so the body was left in storage. I realized that my chances of finding a head for this body for a good price is impossible so last weekend, I went ahead and painted an action figure head to match the color of the body. 


The head does not have African features, I know, but I have limited action figure heads and this one is the only one with fuller lips. It's either doing away with authenticity or throwing away this body since it is taking up space and I don't even play with it because it is headless. Plus a racially ambiguous doll is not offensive when compared to a headless black doll, yes?


Now, if only I can have enough motivation to sew clothes for these male dolls... Oh and I still have to figure out a way to get that shine off his face. The matte varnish didn't work.

4 comments:

Dollz4Moi said...

I like your results. If you check out images of black men there are those with these kinds of features. He looks great

Niel said...

Thank you. :) I should have done this sooner.

Oly said...

Bagay naman. Kung di mo sinabing Caucasian ang original head, di ko mapapansin.

Niel said...

Versatile lang yung face mold. Nadaan sa labi...