- For 3 consecutive years, sales of Barbie dolls have declined. It is down by 16% last year, 3% in 2012 and 6% in 2013. (source1)
- Sales of toys in the US grew by 4%. (source2)
- Barbie's core demographic narrowed down to kids 3 to 6 years old (from 3 to 9 years old). (source1)
- Young girls have been favoring electronic toys and toys based on movies. (source2)
- Habro's revenue increased by 5% last year. (source3)
- Overseas sales is about half of Hasbro's revenue last year. (source3)
- Hasbro's overseas sales increased by 8% last year, while only 1% rise in US and Canada. (source3)
How telling is that?