Thursday, February 26, 2015

Beautiful Happy Time Girl clone doll

I live in a country where the best selling beauty products always involve a skin whitening ingredient. Dark skinned dolls also don't sell well in our country. You can't blame me if I have lost hope of seeing dark skinned clone dolls being sold here.

Last night was a surprise. I saw this in Shopwise. She's just about US$2.




Yes, the body and the dress was made for landfills but I was pleasantly surprised to see an AA version of the Summer head mold. The hair is soft and thinly rooted. I like her afro looking high pony tail although I don't think the curls will last, a bad quality which is also in the newer Barbies. I like her gold bracelet which doesn't match her silver earrings. I hope there's not enough lead in her jewelries to poison me.



I still don't know what to do with this doll. I want to shrink its head but since the vinyl feels different, it may react differently. I don't want to end up with an AA goo.



I forgot where I hid the spare Teresa heads with the Summer mold so I just have to compare it with a shrunken and repainted one.

I guess now I can hope for more AA clones. But let's keep it real. I think this could be the last.

No comments: