Monday, May 18, 2015

The New Girl

I was supposed to make another dress but I misplaced my patterns. I was too lazy to make one from scratch. I ended up buying new dresses. This is the first one.

I was going for a Zooey Deschanel (The New Girl) vibe for this Lea doll. I just got her because she was discounted. There's no point in paying the full price when I only wanted the head. She has been rebodied with Barbie Style Raquelle, the one with flimsy knee joints.




I have to say that, lately, Mattel has been producing photogenic dresses but they usually come with a doll I don't like. When I saw the online photos of some dresses without dolls, I knew I had to get them. I had to get the accessory pack for the flat shoes since I don't know if this flat feet thing will be fleeting. It's great that other than the flat shoes, the pack came with more cute items like the kitty purse.

The dress quality is playline, especially the construction but it is interesting how it seems okay... at least, for now. The rose print does not go all the way to the back of the dress but we rarely take back photos or pose them with their backs towards us, right? The dress has a classic or timeless look so years from now, I can see my dolls wearing it still, that is if it's durable enough.

I know  I've said that I'm not into bloated heads and huge eyes when it comes to Barbie dolls. This doll will surely get a makeover. I just want someone new to model this new dress.

No comments: