Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Marvel Cinematic Universe Action Dolls

It was the first Avengers movie that got me collecting 4-inch action dolls. A lot of them became peg warmers so they were sold cheap. I didn't know back then that buying other characters wasn't going to be as easy. Three years later and weeks after the second Avengers movie, I'm still enjoying my action dolls from 2012. There is no Barbie doll that I bought in 2012 that connects with me in the same way.



When it comes to the Avengers, I like the movie version more. I don't get to read a lot of comics, that's why. I don't care much for the Guardians of the Galaxy. When it comes to the X-men, I like the old comics version more. I guess it's maybe because there weren't any 4-inch dolls from the X-men movie. There was no 4-inch toy that would extend the joy of watching the movie outside the cinema.


Some characters from the movies don't have the proper 4-inch dolls as well. The big four (Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man) have abundant peg warmers. Supporting characters are rare, especially the female ones. I guess the world doesn't care much for supporting roles. One can resort to the comic version, a knock-off, or a customized doll. I'm still assembling the major characters from the second movie. It's frustrating that some figures are not yet released locally. I don't even know if they will be released so I don't know if I have to start customizing. This could be what Nick Fury feels like when he assembles the Avengers.


These toys extends the fun I get from the movies. I can take the action into my own home. I can shoot my own version of the action scenes. The best thing about these is that they're small enough to fit in my pocket so taking them with me is easy.


No comments: