Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Melt

I can't imagine myself mass producing any dress I have made. I don't have the patience to do the same things over and over. This is the 5th variation of the drip outfit and although I was looking forward to see how this will turn out, I was not looking forward to sewing basically the same thing. The repetition will end in my meltdown. After this collection, I will just sew any outfit I want when I want. No more themes.





Of the outfits in this series, I was looking forward to this one (although the next one is my fave just because I used my fave color). Aside from playing with (mis)matching colors, I was trying to play with curves and straight lines. I think it is more apparent here. This is also the last of the ensemble with a shift silhouette as I'll shift to sheath in the next piece.

Recently, I was curious about a recent trend of shift blouses. More than an elaborate design, I value a good fit, something that will showcase the curves of the body. I personally think it's sad when an expensive doll wears an ill-fitted garb. When Barbie, in her Instagram account, started wearing shift tops, I was intrigued how something that is shaped like a sack can look good. I have to give it a try.

Plus, learning that these waist-less silhouette evolved from the flapper fashion which is an expression of a new (at that time) breed of feminism makes it a little cooler for me. I still don't like current incarnation (the over-sized looking shirts) so I made mine look more mod.


No comments: