Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Barbie Fashionista 81 (Wear your Heart) Petite

After over a decade of captivity by the Mattelorists, Kira, the first token Asian friend of Barbie, was released back to Playline City. People rejoiced.

She made a number of public appearances after her release:
- Barbie Pink Passport Beach Set 
- I Can be Scientist
- Fashionista 81 (Wear Your Heart) Petite
- Fashionista 62 (Sweet for Silver) Petite




I was only able to catch one of her appearances. I was happy to see her again but I felt something about her changed.

I spent some time to get to know her to find out what. I compared her to my memories because someone you love leaves memories too vivid to erase, even if memories are highly unreliable at times.



There is one thing I'm sure of. After her experience with the Mattelorist, she now views the world differently.

4 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

It is great to see the old as new again. I like seeing the old compared to the new! Lea has been used so much that I didn't think we would see Kira again! I remember with I first stared following blogs on the net. The was a blog that specialized in Kara. She had a doll that she used Ritz to make African American. I think we will see more blogs and pages devoted to sculpts because some face just do something for you!

Niel said...

It's a new mold, really, with a misleading year stamped at the nape. :)

Ms. Leo said...

OK, what makes it new?

Niel said...

The eyes on the original are defined in the mold. In the new mold, it's just flat. :)