Friday, September 27, 2024

Miss Melody

This clone doll came packaged like those vintage baggie Barbie dolls. Its body is made of hollow plastic. It had the label "Miss Melody". Aside from the blond hair, the actual doll didn't look like the doll on the label. The doll on the label had round eyes. Her austere expression and almond-shaped eyes appealed to me. Even if her eyes used to be blue, I saw a possibility.


I have been wanting an Asian counterpart for the Barbies with the nostalgic head mold. I don't mean the nostalgic head painted with Asian features like in the BFMC. I want something like Fabiola of Hollywood, but she is hard to get. (Hey, Mattel. Here's an idea. Instead of selling the nostalgic mold all by itself, give her more vintage friends with distinct molds and ethnicity. Rewrite some of what was wrong in Barbie herstory.)

While I wait for the re-imagination of Barbie's past, Miss Melody will have to be one of Barbie's vintage friends. I plucked all her blond hair out. It was just rooted in the middle part, so it wasn't that hard. I painted her eyes brown and lend her a vintage Fashion Queen Barbie wig. She is Miss Melody no more. Let's call her Diyan.

No comments: